Monday, January 18, 2016

Myositis - The gift of movement


Today I went for my second run since my body was ravaged from Dermatomyositis.  I felt allot stronger today, and I'm amazed at how quickly my body is regaining strength.  It was only 1.3km and I could hardly even call it a run, but at least I was out there moving.  I followed my run with a lovely walk about the property I live on.  It's a big effort to keep the body moving, but I'm scared that if I stop moving then my body will start to break down again.  I'm not sure if that's a rational fear or not, but it's there.

During my walk, I spent quite a bit of time meditating under a 200+ year old tree I found in my back yard.  She is a Great Great Grandmother of a tree, and when I closed my eyes I felt this beautiful bright green energy.  I've been walking around feeling pretty buzzed ever since!  Once I got back to the house I treated myself to a sauna, complete with hair mask and essential oils. Finally washed & styled my hair & finished the afternoon up with catching up on housework.  I finished the evening off by playing cards with my seven year old and truly appreciating family time.

I had a vision today of how much I can inspire others through my dedication to running.  If I can keep my body moving, I just know it'll prevent a relapse of the Dermatomyositis. 

1 comment: