Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Medicority versus Simplicity

Wandering in the woods today, and was lost in thinking about my life and how I'm living it.  As of late, I feel I have been blessed beyond abundance with the ability to enjoy the simple things in life.  I have spent the past several months, purging, cleaning, re-purposing & donating all sorts of items in my house.  The journey has been quite therapeutic in that it's allowed me to be present with the 'things' left in my life. I am no longer distracted by the 'clutter' and business of my environment. 

Not only has my environment been simplified, so to has my daily routine.  I take pleasure in the routine of daily house chores, walking the puppies, morning meditations, giving my best effort at work & savoring quality time with my family & friends.

Now... enters my left brain that says, "You should be doing more with your life. You are living mediocrity. You should have written a book by now. You should be making a bigger impact on the world...."

Should I?

I meditated on these things whilst in the woods today, and for quite some time. I've come to the conclusion that I am actually truly LIVING my life.  When I am present, and have fully arrived to the abundance of this moment, I am 'living'.

I do believe that I could be doing more to 'share' the goodness that flows from my life.  I do believe that in the process of 'healing' from sickness, I've hidden parts of myself away.  I had originally started this blog initially as a way to 'make a difference', and I think I put way to much pressure on myself. 

I've decided I'm just going to be me & write about my daily experiences, because that in itself is worthy to note. I live a very fortunate life, which I have masterfully created.

As so let the journey begin.

2 comments:

  1. You are wonderfully inspiring. If everyone in the world had your mindset and your approach to life, the world would be a better place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I just saw that you wrote this! THANK-YOU <3

      Delete