Saturday, June 11, 2016

Life of the Party!

Saturday afternoon, and it's quietly raining out in the country.  The boys are downstairs playing video games, and I'm keeping an eye on my newly spayed & neutered puppies.  The laundry machine is clanking away, and a local Bluejay has taken it upon himself to make our balcony to be HIS territory.  As I type this, I am watching him strut his stuff around. He knows he's got the stuff!

My soon to be husband is out in his own personal playground, taking care of business out at the golf course.

I find myself feeling mischievous today, and have a desire to have some fun.  I have been daydreaming about learning to play the electric guitar and writing my own punkrock song.  I would write a punkrock song about quiet rainy afternoons in the country.  It would go something like...

"WE COULD MAKE THIS RAIN MORE RAINY....

SO JUST STOP BEING SO COMPLAINEY....

IT COULD BE WORSE, NOW DON'T MISTAKE ME....

PUPPIES AINT NEVER GONNA HAVE NO BABIES...

BLUEJAYS BETTER NOT BE SPREADING RABIES..."

 or.. something like that.

The personal lesson I achieved from the writing of this epic song?  Some days (No... everyday) a gal just needs to be the life of her own party!

No comments:

Post a Comment